Phenomenal Lavender Plants -#1 Gallon Size
This is the primary lavender we grow at Sunshine Acres!
Phenomenal® is a hybrid cross of English Lavender and angustifolia types. Exceptionally tolerant of harsh winters, it is an easy-to-grow lavender that resists the effects of humidity in the summer. It produces beautifully long stems, a wonderful fragrance, and high-grade oils. Phenomenal is versatile in function: garden plant, culinary herb, oil production, fragrance, and farm production. Blooming before most other cultivars, Phenomenal forms a compact, bushy, rounded shrub with aromatic silvery gray-green narrow leaves. In midsummer, long flowering stems are topped by 5 in. (12 cm) spikes of sweet scented bright violet-blue flowers. These Lavender plants are tall and grow up to 36 in. (90 cm). Often repeat blooms in late summer or fall.
- Thrives in full sun and blooms from mid to late summer. Drought, deer, rabbit and dry soil tolerant and a real magnet for bees and butterflies.
- Performs best in dry to medium, light, sandy, alkaline, well-drained soils.
- Excellent drainage and air circulation are essential.
- Remove faded flowers to encourage further blooms.
- Prune to shape in spring after the new leaves appear.
Lavandin (Lavandula x Intermedia) is a popular hybrid lavender combining the cold-hardiness of the English lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) and the heat tolerance of the Portuguese lavender (Lavandula latifolia), therefore providing an answer to the gardeners; worldwide quest for a Provencal atmosphere in their gardens. These Lavender plants are usually taller than the English Lavender and grow in shrubby compact mounds up to 36 in. tall (90 cm). They are adorned with long, loose spikes of highly fragrant flowers, ranging from dark violet to white from early to late summer. The cultivars of this group of Lavenders tend to be more tolerant of acidic conditions.